- Melissa Martin, owner and lead planner
- Melissa Martin – StylishO@ymail.com or 717-669-1961
- My loves are my 10 year old mini me, hot tea (Emperor’s Cloud & Mist from Starbucks if you feel like bringing me one!), peanut butter cups, and seeing the look on the groom’s face when he first sees his beautiful bride. I cry a little (sometimes a lot) at each wedding. After the wedding I have mixed emotions. On one hand I’m happy I was able to help a couple plan their dream wedding. On the other hand I’m sad because I feel like I’m losing a good friend – one that I’ve emailed and/or talked to several times a day for the last few months! Because of this I keep in touch with a lot of my brides after their wedding and am proud to call them my friends.
- I am a very positive person. I have been through a lot (I’ve beaten cancer twice) and I know life is short so you should do your best to enjoy it!
- In my past life I was a mortgage banker. This made me a very detailed person and I am used to working on deadlines and under pressure. Believe it or not, checklists and budgets excite me! I love keeping my clients on track and under budget.
Katie Slauch-Boozer, Associate Planner
My love for planning all things events started before I even knew what event planning was, somewhere around my middle-school years. While attending F&M College in Lancaster, PA, I became very involved in arranging for bands (local and not-so-local) to play on campus, and during my senior year as co-chair of the entertainment committee, planned an entire weekend’s worth of music for the campus.
After graduating I delved into the world of victim services and spent 5 ½ years providing services to victims of crime; and learning to handle stress of all kinds at every different level. Three of those years were spent in Southern CA where I gained even more experience planning weddings, luncheons, parties, etc.. I earned my certificate in wedding planning in 2008, and furthered my education by taking various event planning classes at the local community college. In May 2010 I returned to Lancaster County (of which I am a native), and two months later began working with Melissa. I love designing and planning every element of weddings and events, especially those that are a little more out of the ordinary. Somewhere in there I even managed to plan my own wedding in October 2011.
When I’m not involved in wedding planning you can find me baking up a storm (and making a mess), hanging out with family and friends, traveling or going to punk/rockabilly shows.
Casey Rudegeair, Associate Planner
I have been a planner ever since I was a little girl. I can remember my childhood friends coming over to play and setting up a schedule of all the things we were going to do that day. That trait has followed through to my adulthood. I love timelines and realized while being in the wedding industry how important they truly are to help guide things along on a wedding day.
Over the years I have held many different jobs in retail and customer service (including opening my own froyo shop) but nothing has ever truly felt right. I joined Stylish Occasions the summer of 2014 and it’s been a perfect fit!
For most people their wedding day is one of the best days of their lives. With that being said, being a wedding planner is very gratifying for me. I take great pride in the fact that I am helping the bride and groom plan the wedding of their dreams.
Aside from my love for, and time spent on weddings, in my free time I love trying new restaurants and breweries and enjoying Lancaster City life. I also have two very spoiled beagles at home that like to occupy a lot of my time.
Ally Whiteside, Associate Planner
Growing up, my father was a facilities manager for a local church. I often would help him with his duties during special occasions such as weddings, which included setting up and sending the wedding party down the aisle. This is where my love for weddings first took hold. During my adult years, I went to several weddings, gaining lots of ideas and becoming obsessed with details. In my opinion, the first time the groom sees the bride is the best part – a close second to that is the kiss, and of course all the extra love and laughter from the big day is an extra bonus. From there, I completed a year as an intern for Melissa at Stylish Occasions and well, the rest is history…
My professional career started in 2010 when I took a job as a Cog Rehab Therapist and Behavior Specialist after earning my BA in Psychology from Millersville University. Shortly after, my husband and I bought a small retirement community in Strasburg which we continue operate and manage together. My time spent in these professions has taught me time management, stress management, coordination of activities, and how to communicate with people.
My personal interests include scrapbooking, hiking, the beach, and photography. I enjoy new experiences and places. I love to be active, laugh, and play with my two kids & my two fur babies.
We also have a team of interns and assistants that help with, and at, weddings.