- Melissa Martin, owner and lead planner
- Melissa Martin – StylishO@ymail.com or 717-669-1961
- My loves are my 10 year old mini me, hot tea (Emperor’s Cloud & Mist from Starbucks if you feel like bringing me one!), peanut butter cups, and seeing the look on the groom’s face when he first sees his beautiful bride. I cry a little (sometimes a lot) at each wedding. After the wedding I have mixed emotions. On one hand I’m happy I was able to help a couple plan their dream wedding. On the other hand I’m sad because I feel like I’m losing a good friend – one that I’ve emailed and/or talked to several times a day for the last few months! Because of this I keep in touch with a lot of my brides after their wedding and am proud to call them my friends.
- I am a very positive person. I have been through a lot (I’ve beaten cancer twice) and I know life is short so you should do your best to enjoy it!
- In my past life I was a mortgage banker. This made me a very detailed person and I am used to working on deadlines and under pressure. Believe it or not, checklists and budgets excite me! I love keeping my clients on track and under budget.
Katie Slauch-Boozer, Associate Planner
My love for planning all things events started before I even knew what event planning was, somewhere around my middle-school years. While attending F&M College in Lancaster, PA, I became very involved in arranging for bands (local and not-so-local) to play on campus, and during my senior year as co-chair of the entertainment committee, planned an entire weekend’s worth of music for the campus.
After graduating I delved into the world of victim services and spent 5 ½ years providing services to victims of crime; and learning to handle stress of all kinds at every different level. Three of those years were spent in Southern CA where I gained even more experience planning weddings, luncheons, parties, etc.. I earned my certificate in wedding planning in 2008, and furthered my education by taking various event planning classes at the local community college. In May 2010 I returned to Lancaster County (of which I am a native), and two months later began working with Melissa. I love designing and planning every element of weddings and events, especially those that are a little more out of the ordinary. Somewhere in there I even managed to plan my own wedding in October 2011.
When I’m not involved in wedding planning you can find me baking up a storm (and making a mess), hanging out with family and friends, traveling or going to punk/rockabilly shows.
Casey Rudegeair, Associate Planner
I have been a planner ever since I was a little girl. I can remember my childhood friends coming over to play and setting up a schedule of all the things we were going to do that day. That trait has followed through to my adulthood. I love timelines and realized while being in the wedding industry how important they truly are to help guide things along on a wedding day.
Over the years I have held many different jobs in retail and customer service (including opening my own froyo shop) but nothing has ever truly felt right. I joined Stylish Occasions the summer of 2014 and it’s been a perfect fit!
For most people their wedding day is one of the best days of their lives. With that being said, being a wedding planner is very gratifying for me. I take great pride in the fact that I am helping the bride and groom plan the wedding of their dreams.
Aside from my love for, and time spent on weddings, in my free time I love trying new restaurants and breweries and enjoying Lancaster City life. I also have two very spoiled beagles at home that like to occupy a lot of my time.
We also have a team of interns and assistants that help with, and at, weddings.